How To Beat Jet Lag
"We Are Here To Get You There" - "We Are Here To Get You There"
RSS

Recent Posts

Airport Screening: Scan or Opt-Out ?
How To Beat Jet Lag
Airline Travel; What You Should Know Before You Go!

Categories

How To Beat Jet Lag
What Should You Know Before You Go
powered by

My Blog

How To Beat Jet Lag

How To Beat Jet Lag

Before you travel

Top up your sleep
Make sure you're fully rested before you travel. If you’re flying overnight and you can get a bit of sleep on the flight, it will help you to stay up until night time once you arrive at your destination.

Change your sleep routine
A few days before you travel, start getting up and going to bed earlier (if you're travelling east) or later (if you're traveling west). During the flight, try to eat and sleep according to your destination's local time.

Have a stopover on the way
Including a stopover in your flight will make it easier to adjust to the time change, and you'll be less tired when you arrive. Take advantage of any short airport transits to have a refreshing shower or swim in the terminal, if possible.
During your journey

Keep hydrated
Dehydration can intensify the effects of jet lag, especially after sitting in a dry airplane cabin for many hours. Avoid alcoholic and caffeine drinks (such as coffee, tea and cola), which can disturb sleep.

Preparing for sleep
During your flight, try to create the right conditions when preparing for sleep. Eye shades and earplugs may help you sleep. Regular exercise during the day may also help you sleep, but avoid strenuous exercise immediately before bedtime.

Use remedies with caution
Many airline staff take melatonin, a hormone formed by the body at night or in darkness, to try to fight jet lag. Sleeping medication is not recommended as it doesn't help your body to adjust naturally to a new sleeping pattern.
At your destination
Anchor sleep
Try to get as much sleep in every 24 hours as you normally would. A minimum block of four hours’ sleep during the local night – known as “anchor sleep” – is thought to be necessary to help you adapt to a new time zone. If possible, make up the total sleep time by taking naps during the day.

Natural light
The cycle of light and dark is one of the most important factors in setting the body’s internal clock. Exposure to daylight at the destination will usually help you adapt to the new time zone faster.

Short trips
For stays of less than three or four days, it may be better for the traveler to remain on "home time" (that is, timing activities such as sleeping and eating to occur at the times they would have occurred at home) to minimize disruption to the normal sleep-wake cycle although this is not always practical.

34 Comments to How To Beat Jet Lag:

Comments RSS
Pinjore Haryana on Monday, February 11, 2013 2:25 AM
I am extremely impressed with the view point. Thanks for sharing such useful information in your blog. A great content for getting the proper information regarding the subject.

Main Beach Accommodation on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:22 AM
The tips you mentioned are very practical and totally fit for those lives whose job is for long traveling. Liked your post so much

Deborah on Monday, February 25, 2013 3:32 PM
Main Beach Accommodation@ I pleasure to post helpful topic's! Thank you so much for your reply. Blessing!

Airlie beach holiday accommodation on Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:11 AM
jet lag is the very common problem. If anyone will follow the above tricks still affected by the jet lag little bit.

Airlie beach apartments on Friday, March 29, 2013 4:19 AM
I did not know much about anchor sleep. I have read this for the first time.

Deborah on Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:02 AM
Airlie beach apartments@ I was surprised as well. The good think is we know now! Thanks for your post. Blessings!

tibet kyunglung travel on Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:18 AM
I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

Deborah on Monday, May 20, 2013 1:10 PM
tibet kyunglug traves, Thank you for the kind words and support. It so happens we have a lot of blogs that offer a lot of information on travel, I do run across them when researching. I will need to include them in my blog in the future. Thank again!

www.rimonabantexcellence.com on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:08 PM

www.rimonabantexcellence.com on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:08 PM

aviation regulations on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:51 AM
I am feeling healthy and fresh, when I am hearing about holiday. When I read your mail, I am imagining about my holiday. Thanks for this post. I enjoy your mail. Really good job.

Deborah on Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:30 AM
Custom eassays uk, Thank you so much for your post. I never thought about tea, and cola disturbing sleep!

Deborah on Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:37 AM
Aviation Regulation, your post has been refreshing for all of us! Thanks

custom essays uk on Monday, June 17, 2013 5:26 AM
Avoid alcoholic and caffeine drinks (such as coffee, tea and cola), which can disturb sleep.

ecift on Sunday, March 16, 2014 7:43 AM
Rich in content, specific, every point is very good, is to this article, thank you. By the way, could you see our goods, you will like it.

Timur Sener on Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:03 AM
that owning a habitation to get, and expend elsewhere. Your customers are separate of online buying on less than idealised face when ...

Ultra Premium Adventure Tours on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:25 AM
you are in reality a just right webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a magnificent activity on this topic!

Air Freight Services on Thursday, June 05, 2014 2:29 AM
Great tips to beat the Jet Lag while traveling in an Air Jet Services.

Frank on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:18 PM
Informative article about how to beat the corporate jet lag while traveling on-board.

Roman N Smith on Friday, July 04, 2014 4:31 AM
Thank you for the good write ups! It in fact is an amusement account."How To Beat Jet Lag" is a interesting topic.I will wait for some more great work from your side. However, how can we communicate?

Ryan Thomas on Friday, July 04, 2014 7:12 AM
I was busy with my work and when I am back, it’s quite exciting to find such a nice write up as I used to enjoy earlier.I learn with your blog that How To Beat Jet Lag? Thanks

www on Monday, August 25, 2014 4:07 PM
Interior pattern is not tied to typically the purposeful top brand name from spot. The hand mirror has uses not just in have the capacity to notice, but the
Reply to comment

Get Rid of the Long Waiting Time at Airports with Private Jet Hire on Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:24 AM
Great Information about How To Beat Jet Lag. We got rare, such wonderful piece of writing. Any way visit our blog to know more about what are the benefits of hiring private jet.

strony internetowe on Thursday, October 09, 2014 10:22 PM
As an outcome, there are several real estate and also residences along with przedpokojami which are filled, black by no means especially functional So take a look at select the information regarding may perhaps to the correct way sun-drenched typically the room

adresy on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:52 PM
light severeness tutorial they will likely prevent mounting other devices in the room. Without really very difficult guard any sort of performance

mens sport watches on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:14 AM
Great ?I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..

www on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:45 AM
In this case, often the normal thing is which will too little lockers could use in which in the kitchen, which will functions being a finished place Anyone so, who selects for you to brave originality not to mention fashion accessories should carefully

send flowers to italy on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 7:46 AM
Great tips to beat the Jet Lag while traveling in an Air Jet Services.

Send Gift To Pakistan on Saturday, November 25, 2017 6:01 AM
I learn from a good blog, your blog I have a great inspiration, thank you.

Best-Movies on Sunday, February 04, 2018 5:54 AM
Fantastic web site. Plenty of helpful information is here. I am sending it to several friends and also sharing in delicious way. And of course, thank you to your sweet post!......

Web Development on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:26 AM
I'm feeling healthy and fresh, when i am hearing about holiday. When I learn your mail, i am imagining about my vacation. Thanks for this post. I revel in your mail. Really just right job.

international news in urdu on Friday, March 09, 2018 9:38 AM
I like the sharing of blogger and that's why i am going to bookmarked this for the sake of my future learning and information.international news in urdu this is beautiful source of information in our urdu language.

breaking news urdu on Friday, March 16, 2018 2:24 PM
Hi admin , This is Faisal here i want to say thanks to you for your sharing i admire your effort keep it up and keep continue the writing that we can enjoy it.breaking news urdu is daily updated news

manju on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 12:12 AM
that reason all the instructions for prostitutake into account that whenever you e-book a bangalore escorts bar ladies in Bangalore, you can maximum perhaps include in intercoursewith her. locating money after sex is truly prostitution, and foContact me 08123770473, 8147349718 http://www.bangalorehotescorts.in